This is one of my favourite recipes for what I call ‘Fat Friday’, where I just want to make something that seems like I’m having a takeaway but doesn’t make me super feel guilty afterwards! I’m just trying to stay away from takeaways for a while as I feel sooooo bloated afterwards it really puts me off eating them.
This is not a quick-fix meal though as it does take a little while to make, but it’s definitely worth the wait! I never feel bloated or sluggish after eating this awesome pizza as the sweet potato base is so light and really delicious!!
Preheat the over to 170 (Fan)
1 Large pizza
- 2 cups of sweet potato, this needs to be cooked first. (I usually put 3/4 medium sized potatoes in the oven to cook until soft, cook for 25 mins, break off the skins and scoop out the fluffy middle)
- 2 cups of Oat Flour (or 4 cups of Rolled Oats blended to flour)
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 tablespoons of Flaxseed or Chia Seeds
- 1 and a half tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 and a half tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 and a half tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 and a half tablespoons Sea Salt
Put the sweet potato, flour and eggs in the food processor and mix until smooth. I then add in everything else; flaxseed, coconut oil, cayenne pepper, salt, baking powder. Whizz up again until everything is mixed in.
Grab a baking tray and cover it with greaseproof paper. Spray the paper with fry light or lightly oil to avoid it sticking. Spread out the doughy mixture to a shape of your choice. I always go for the huge rectangle like the pizza’s you get in restaurants (I don’t get out much so I have to pretend haha). I leave mine quite thick but that’s entirely up to you. The thinner the base, the more crispy it will be. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 20 mins, until it looks like this:
The base is now ready for you to add ANYTHING you want. I usually make a tomato sauce using plum tomatoes, garlic, more cayenne (I like things with a kick), tomato puree and some salt. Spread it all on the pizza and add your toppings.
Here’s one of mine with sliced mozzarella, capers, little goats cheese, basil and spinach leaves….
Put the pizza back in the oven and cook for another 5/10 mins depending on how well you like your cheese to be melted!
Take it out, slice up and enjoy!!!
Have you tried it? Let me know what you think 🙂